Nothing will make you more valuable in the workplace than a reputation for being reliable. According to recent research
, unreliability was named the number one career-limiting habit among workers today.
I don’t know about you, but I want to be the person everyone can count on to get the job done—and done right. There’s a certain level of fulfillment that comes from knowing others believe in your capabilities and trust you to make it happen. It’s not something that happens overnight, it’s an honor that must be earned over time, and it is well worth it!
What does it take to be that kind of employee? I have identified eight actions that will make you a worker worthy of your wage and the respect of your peers:
- Become the best at what you do.
- Don’t be hasty with commitments.
- Pay attention to the details.
- Always meet deadlines.
- Be accountable for results.
- When you run into roadblocks, be vigilant in finding a solution.
- Communicate progress and outcomes regularly.
- Follow-up to ensure expectations were met.
If you seek to excel in your career, nothing will catapult you further than a reputation of reliability and hard work. Refuse to let career-limiting habits hold you back from your full potential!