The assistant financial controller oversees the day to day activities of the finance team and ensures the companies finance function is organized and efficient and produces accurate financial and management accounts.
- Management of the finance function and overseeing A/R A/P P/R
- Responsible for overseeing accounting procedures, internal controls (implementing, monitoring, enhancing), and database management
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows
- Maintenance of financial ledgers and accounting processes
- Preparation of monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet
- Timely production of statutory and internal financial reports
- Financial modeling and analysis
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls and implemented and maintained
- Works on special projects, if requested; assist with yearly audit preparation. If involved in the financial field, Assistant Controllers will oversee the reporting and integrity of accounting for invested assets in bonds, mortgage loans, equities, limited partnerships and derivatives.
- Performs end of month accruals and adjustments
- Handles all third party requests for financials, including Government bodies, banking institutions, and external auditors