Engineer - Direct Hire - Salt Lake City Telecom Company
100-120K Base DOE, On Target 175-200K
Increase Telecom Company Networking product AND professional services sales by teaming closely with account managers and other engineers to clearly understand customers business and technical needs. Then through a consultative approach, develop and present overall solutions to meet customers agreed upon needs.
• Develop healthy relationships with all team members including account managers, engineers, partner engineers, sales support and accounting. Understand what motivates each team member in order to build a strong team.
• Develop strong relationships with key customers.
• Call on customers with and without account managers to move a sales process forward. This includes learning customers business objectives and technical requirements.
• Co-develop with the account manager the overall solution and sales strategy to win the opportunity. Be responsible for ALL technical aspects of the solution.
• Own the accurate and timely completion of a Bill of Materials (BOM) for significant and/or complex solutions. Verify the accuracy of any BOM or quote that you did not personally configure. Use standard tools to complete the BOM.
• Own the accurate and timely preparation of a Statement of Work for engineering services. Work with the account manager and project manager on the SOW.
• Present solutions when appropriate with Account Manager.
• Gain and maintain technical credibility with customers by staying current on all significant technologies and/or know where to get the technical answers in a timely manner.
• Be customer responsive!
• Participate in team meetings and account planning sessions.
• 5 years or more experience in designing and deploying networks - preferably on Cisco products.
• Extensive experience with Routing and Switching platforms (including Cisco ISR G2 2900 and 3900 series routers, Cisco 3560-X and 3750-X)
• Extensive experience with Data Center platforms (including Cisco Nexus 1000V, 2K, 5K and 7K, and Cisco Fabric Extenders
• Extensive experience with Cisco Unified Communications technologies, including Unified Communications Manager 7.x, 8.x, and 9.x, Unity 7.x and 8.x, Unity Connection 7.x, 8.x, and 9.x, MeetingPlace 8.x, Unified Contact Center Express 7.x, 8.x, and 9.x, Cisco Unified Presence 7.x, 8.x, and 9.x, and Cisco Jabber
• Virtualization experience in the context of Unified Communications applications on Cisco UCS hardware
• Experience architecting HA and DR solutions using Networking, Data Center, and Unified Communications technologies
• MUST have Expert knowledge in Unified Communications and Data Center Technologies. This position will be responsible for developing and designing technology solutions for:
• Cisco Unified Fabric solutions
• Cisco Unified Communications solutions
• Cisco Routing and Switching solutions
• An ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and portray confidence in technical understanding.
• Cisco technical certifications (minimum of a CCNA).
• Strong presentation skills.
• Desire to help drive sales.
• Obtain and maintain Manufacturer certifications
Additional Experience and Certifications a Plus:
• CCIE (R&S, Voice< Data Center, Wirless or Security)
• Cisco Security ISE
• Cisco Wireless
• Netformx, Visio
• Cisco Commerce Workspace