CNC PROGRAMMER (CNC Machinist) - Immediate need. Direct Hire position with a manufacturing client in N. Charleston area.
Person must be flexible to work either 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Technicians work from layouts and dimensions on drawings and reading manual gauges
- Technicians load, align, and set up machines per drawings instructions and maintain quality production records.
- All employees operate in a high performance work team environment and adhere to the Environmental Health and Safety Guidelines.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years of prior experience in set-up and operations of CNC grinders, lathes, milling equipment, etc or a graduate of any recognized
machinist or toolmaker program
- Must be willing to work any shift and stand for long periods of time
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints and be able to read shop math and have knowledge of machining methods and cutting tools
- Will be required to complete a company specific mechanical skills assessment
- Must be familiar with using micrometers and calipers
- Must pass a pre-employment physical/drug screen, background check and on-going random drug screens
- Must pass a viual examination (near vision and color perception)
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Computer literacy for Statistical Process Control, CMM measuring and CNC controls
- Familarity with Morie Seike equipment and Campbell grinders a plus
Pay rate - $17 - $18/hr, depending on experience, plus shift differential. Company offers excellent benefits package including medical, vision, life and 401k