Job is located in Ocala, FL.
Provide working level customer service and routine technical support to the citizens and staff while exercising sound judgment and interpreting customer requests, complaints, and financial difficulties. Job involves extensive public contact.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrate an understanding of the mission and core values of the company in work and professional endeavors.
- Accomplish performance goals established with the employee’s supervisor/manager.
- Operate complex telephone equipment; receive, respond to and direct incoming telephone calls; query callers to identify needed assistance, determine appropriate department or office and direct calls accordingly.
- Provide factual information related to city services, programs, and general policies, practices and procedures; provide patrons with requested forms, publications and other informational materials.
- Responsible to follow-up with customers to make sure questions are answered and problems are resolved.
- Maintain accurate information in the central database and coordinate with other departments to keep up on any changes
- Locate and notify the correct person or department when difficult questions arise.
- Generate work requests, field activities, and other appropriate documents to address citizen concerns.
- Take payments over the phone and provide appropriate receipts/confirmation numbers.
- Use good judgment when helping citizens to decide how an issue should be resolved and who needs to be involved with its resolution.
Must have a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of two years experience related to duties described above; with at least six (6) months of telephone customer service experience or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience may be acceptable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Knowledge of telephone switchboard operations and procedures; basic public relations; telephone and interpersonal communication etiquette; general office maintenance and practices; operation of standard office equipment; some knowledge of basic mathematics.
Ability to operate a personal computer, Microsoft products, and the ability to learn new software.
Ability to work independently and deal effectively with stress caused by continuous public contact; communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; perform basic mathematical calculations.