Responsible to work with engineers and team leaders in providing accurate three-dimensional solid models, two-dimensional drawings and engineering bills. Documents must be in compliance with established engineering practices, policies and regulatory requirements. Drawing solutions shall also encompass communization and simplification using Lean / Sigma techniques. Must support engineering projects in drawing and design work and work with minimal guidance to create drawings in accordance with commitment dates.
- Embrace and support Utilimaster Corporate policies and procedures.
- Be able to solve manufacturing and assembly problems utilizing problem solving techniques and methodologies.
- Research Aurora (corporate software) to establish scope of design as it pertains to new or revised components, assemblies or installation drawings.
- Provide estimated dates for completion of tasks assign to you on the engineering management report.
- Create and/or revise drawings and solids models following engineering standard practices and procedures.
- Insure appropriate application of tolerances and verify dimensional integrity and fit in solids.
- Assist engineers with Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) generation and routing to support design work drawing release.
- Prepare the Lean Engineering checklist and attach to each ECN for routing.
- Generate engineering bills and verify information.
- Assist with design for standardization and cost reductions by establishing new ideas and concepts for fabrication and assembly.
- Support assembly and fabrication as needed to insure smooth implementation of design changes.
- Provide input to engineering standards, practices and policies.
- Provide engineering solutions that maximize financial profitability.