Design & Development (60%)
- Develops performance-based learning solutions to meet business needs, working collaboratively to create the learning strategy, design, and methodologies that maximize the learning experience.
- Uses technology to design innovative learning solutions incorporating multiple formats and relevant adult learning activities, including e-learning, blended learning, classroom and virtual instructor- led material.
- Creates learning solutions in a manner that both engages the learner and produces desired outcomes, ensuring that the learning solution is made available in a timely and effective manner.
- Works effectively with Media and other vendors when learning materials are developed jointly.
- Develops and implements testing and quality assurance processes to ensure that learning content adheres to current adult learning theories and instructional design models.
- Designs and help facilitate knowledge transfer sessions for new programs, and supports facilitators.
Instructional Analysis and Evaluation (20%)
- Applies an understanding of the gaps between the current and desired outcomes or behaviors, and the audience’s existing knowledge and skills to the development process.
- Works with subject matter experts, when necessary, to ensure that content appropriately addresses business partner learning needs.
- Develops performance and learning objectives, assessment strategies, and evaluation tools related to the design and development of learning solutions.
- Gathers input and feedback on the effectiveness and usability of the training materials and programs during the development process. Makes revisions to content as necessary.
- Gathers data to demonstrate the value or impact of learning and performance solutions.
- Researches, identifies and applies best practices, instructional design trends, technology alternatives and learning platform options for instructional design improvements.
Project Management (15%)
- Collaborates with TD&D management and staff to identify project resource needs, internally and externally, and ensure projects are successfully organized and managed.
- Practices and models effective project management skills to enable the timely development and delivery of innovative learning solutions.
- Works with HR and TD&D staff to identify dependencies between multiple projects.
Compliance and Standardization (5%)
- Follows defined instructional design standards when developing or updating materials.
- Facilitates the established review process with subject matter experts, legal, curriculum delivery staff, and relevant governing bodies to ensure the learning solution is complete and accurate and compliant.
- Ensures corporate learning practices and programs are protected through incorporating established copyright and security methods.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
Job Specific Competencies
- Effectively manages personal reactions and work activities in response to changing conditions; responds quickly to change and easily considers new approaches.
- Fosters and initiates new ideas, methods and solutions.
- Effectively impacts organizations, persuades, and gains the support of others.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing online, instructor-led, or blended learning programs.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of adult learning theories and principles.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of learning project management and full cycle learning and development (e.g., needs analysis, design, delivery, evaluation).
- Demonstrated experience with content design and development tools and languages such as HTML, Adobe, Captivate, Camtasia, etc.