Purpose and Scope:
Individuals in this position are part of a team that is responsible for machine set-up, loading, unloading, cutting, assembling, and packaging the optical thin film products used in the display, imaging, and other markets.
- Responsible for performing all job requirements in a safe manner and being a proactive safety role model with co-workers.
- Responsible for correcting/reporting unsafe behaviors or equipment to ensure a safe working environment.
- Responsible for cleanliness within the work department.
- Perform machine set-up, loading, unloading, cutting, assembling, and packaging of optical thin film products.
- Learn, understand, and follow documented work procedures.
- Detect defects.
- Assist in maintaining detailed and organized data records for the department.
- Interact and function effectively in a high performance team environment.
- All other duties as necessary to the success of Company
- Demonstrated ability for detail orientated work.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Sensitive to other cultures/backgrounds, able to work in a multi-cultural workplace.
- Ability and willingness to learn, understand, and follow documented work procedures.
- Ability to function effectively in a high performance team environment.
Education and Experience:
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the Production environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration and risk of electric shock. Production Environment includes varying temperatures (heat and cold).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For specific lifting, pushing and pulling thresholds for this position, please see HR.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to climb, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Vision requirements for this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The position routinely requires effective non-verbal, verbal and written communication in order to complete the daily business requirements. Limited English comprehension may be sufficient at the entry level. Higher level production positions require verbal and written communication in English in order to fully complete daily business requirements. Verbal communications include, but are not limited to: team meetings to discuss daily department requirements, work instructions to team members, communications with peers and management, and safety instructions and training. Written communications include, but are not limited to: department paperwork, safety walkthroughs, continuous improvement projects, and communications with peers and management.