Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Actively seeks out and engages in finding solutions for recurring problems.
2. Makes repairs on equipment as needed.
3. Document actions taken to correct machine problems and log downtime for machines.
4. Assists in the coordination of scheduled downtime and plans for predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance.
5. Provides troubleshooting assistance with production and maintenance problems. Escalates issues as needed to drive timely and effective resolution.
6. Maintains a good relationship with the operators on the floor by communicating with them daily.
7. Completes PM's correctly and in a timely manner.
8. Maintains a working knowledge of programmable controllers from a hardware and software standpoint as well as electrical power and control systems to include three-phase and single-phase AC, as well as DC power and controls.
9. Maintains maintenance shop and work area in an orderly fashion.
10. Interacts in a professional manner with all customers, external and internal always keeping developments and trade secrets protected.
11. Attends continuous improvement meetings and maintains effective communications on all related issues.
12. Ensures equipment is in safe operating condition with procedures, emphasizing safe procedures and proper practices to production technicians.
13. Maintains high standards of safety and cleanliness in the plant, especially in assigned area of focus.
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.