Direct production activities for multiple work centers and processes on an assigned shift. Lead and mentor production supervisors to achieve overall performance goals for production, cost, quality, and safety. Coordinate production activities through planning with departmental Supervisors, Schedulers, HR Managers, and Quality Systems Trainers to ensure that manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
1. Lead the efforts to develop new processes and improve product by working with internal customers suppliers, and domestic and overseas vendors.
2. Manage and improve functional area’s performed measures through use and interpretation of Continuous Improvement tools at a strategic and functional level. Improve working conditions and processes (safety, quality, productivity, and cost) including supporting and directing employees to participate in improvement programs.
3. Plan in a forward capacity by working with purchasing and inventory control to achieve and maintain product flow to meet production and financial objectives. (15%)
4. Development of employees though managing employee performance. Assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring, and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan, and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
5. Ensure that shift personnel adhere to the highest standards of shop floor organization and plant cleanliness. (5%)
6. Establish and maintain budget for functional area.
7. Ensure adequate staffing to meet production needs. Schedules employees. Approve or deny time-off requests. Maintain Ashley Time and Attendance records for assigned personnel.
8. Make employment decisions and/or recommendations such as hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, and pay adjustments.
9. Attend all required meetings and training sessions.
11. Conduct team/department meetings to ensure employees are educated on departmental issues and aware of the company’s goals and objectives.
12. Maintain reliable attendance.
13. Complete other assignments and special projects as requested.