LOOKING FOR A SALES REPRESENTATIVE TO SELL OFFICE RELATED BUSINESS MACHINES SUCH AS COPIERS, PRINTERS, FAX MACHINES, ETC.
Sales Associate's Purpose:
- To achieve sales of the Companys products consistent with the objectives established with Management and provide consistent and accurate status reports to Management and other members of the team as necessary.
- Develop and maintain new customers while maintaining excellent relationships with existing customers leading to maximum penetration in each account and of the territory.
Hours and Schedule: Official business hours are from 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- All employees are required to arrive no later that 8:00 AM every morning unless, if approved in advance by the sales manager, the sales representative may go directly to an early morning sales appointment in their territory.
- Sales representatives should call in to the office for messages every two hours or be reachable in case of an urgent need.
- The sales position is not an 8 – 5 job and sales representatives are expected to spend time during evenings and weekends planning, writing proposals, gathering materials to prepare for customer meetings and attending sales meetings and training sessions to further enhance their sales skills. Each day should begin as a well planned day with prescheduled appointments and planned calls to make the highest productivity possible for the day.
- Learn how to bring closure quickly to sales opportunities to maximize productivity, production and sales volume each week.
- Work with other sales representatives and management to evaluate competitive products to enhance your knowledge and maintain a competitive database which may be readily accessed and shared with others within the company as needed.
- Manage time effectively through keeping priorities in order.
- Construct a 3 month career plan outlining activities to achieve growth.
- Learn and apply the Companys Sales Process so that prospective customers needs can be properly identified and the Companys products presented as the optimum solution.
- Learn the Companys products thoroughly so that effective demonstrations can be made which show the customer why the system will be the best solution for their needs.
- Develop professional proposals that identify the customers primary applications and needs and highlight the key benefits of the system proposed with cost justification sufficient to win the customers approval and close the sale.
- Promptly follow up on all leads and provide feedback to the source of the lead.
- Utilize all technologies available to efficiently identify the best prospects and organize sales calls to the maximum number of accounts in your given territory.
- Maintain good records of sales activities to enable timely follow up with prospective customers so as to maximize sales effectiveness and provide the Companys Management with timely and accurate reports of activities and status of accounts.
- Attend sales meetings and product training sessions to keep current on industry trends, selling techniques and product knowledge.
- Work with immediate supervisor on service problems, machine preparation, delivery schedules and warranty issues and seeing that these are resolved.
- Refer sales leads on products not covered personally to the appropriate salespeople.
- Learn and use the Sales Management Point Program and fill out the required information for this and turn it in on a daily basis to the sales assistant.
- Meet with the Sales Manager each week to review the previous weeks results and discuss your plan for the following week. Arrive at each weekly meeting with your Hot Sheet up to date.
- Follow the company policy procedures at all times and support them.
- Follow through on activities and responsibilities requested by management.
- Keep your knowledge of the industry current by regularly reviewing industry trade publications, websites and other sources for relevant information about the companys competitors, affiliates and prospective customers.
- Through contacts in outside community organizations and functions makes the public well aware of our products and services and creates a high level of trust and interest in our organization.
- Makes daily personal effort to keep the company area in an appealing way so as to present an organized and productive image to the public. This is also done by proper attire, attitude and hygiene when in the public eye. (bad breath can be an issue.)
- Obtain and schedule speaking engagements for yourself and/or other executives within the company at appropriate conferences, civic groups and trade shows.
- Continually enhance ones personal and professional development to acquire new skills and abilities for improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Recognize that change is a competitive edge and find the positive side to all change.
- In decision making, think through all the consequences.
- On a monthly basis, read a book, listen to a CD or do some other form of personal self-improvement.
- Control Ego
- Display high ethics character and commitment to the business.
- Maintain general organizational skills though personal planning
- When personal concerns arise, discuss them only with the supervisor.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Strong selling skills and communication skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to work independently as well as with a team. Willingness to make cold prospecting calls both on the phone and in person and the ability to use computers is a requirement. Good organizational habits and people skills are required with the ability to maintain numerous projects at once.
Minimum Qualifications: Demonstrable success in sales showing initiative, independence and the willingness to work long hours as needed to achieve success.