PRODUCT MANAGER (WAREHOUSE EQUIPMENT)
Direct Hire position available with equipment manufacturer in Charleston, SC area.
The candidate filling this position will need to effectively position current, as well as future company's warehouse products in the marketplace. Drive sales of these products via a pro-active approach to the market and end-users, as well as distribution channels and internal organization. Assist the sales effort and assure open communications regarding product related issues at all organizational levels. Domestic and some international travel will be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain close contact with Service/Engineering/Finance regarding current and future product features, product costs, etc.
- Conduct product sales training seminars, both internal & field
- Establish product comparisons, conduct tests & evaluations and gather information on competitors products
- Integrate required product updates & improvements
- Development and integration of all truck specifications
- Recommend additions & deletions to company's product programs
- Publish product bulletins and price comparisons
- Conduct product introductions & roll-outs
- Host customer & prospective customer visits
- Liaison between international development teams
- This position requires a solid understanding of both the global and domestic industrial truck industry with primary emphasis on establishing a complete and highly competitive line of warehouse equipment for company.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both internal staff and external customers
- A high proficiency in reading, writing, calculations, and attention to detail a must
- Comprehension of mechanical and engineering basics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree required with some technical background preferred