Daily Duties: (Directs any questions to the Production Team Lead)
Must be able to use Sentry 9000 computer software to complete required pages for the position accurately and timely.
Must be able to accurately use the Time Matrix time system.
Pre-Planning and familiarizing self with batch sheet, line set-up, work order and formula of specific products.
Daily reads batch sheet, work order forms to determine types and quantities of materials to weigh, minimizing scrap at all times.
Must inspect and verify that all ingredients are within specifications.
Must understand the correct storage and handling requirements for all ingredients.
Records weight of materials used for production records, or maintains perpetual inventory of materials used and also on hand.
Double-checks and validates inventory postings against physical count of stock. Adjusts errors in computations, weight or count to ensure that inventory quantities and transactions are accurate before forwarding them to the next user.
Ensures that all documentation quantity, accounting and production and provides accurate support for subsequent data entry, reviews and audits.
Ensures that all work orders are closed timely and accurately. Checks all staffing areas (cooler, pre-batch, pods, etc.) for open ingredients and return them in a timely manner to the warehouse for proper storage.
Able to and understands how to operate cooking kettles, large hoses and air pressure.
Working hours: Mon-Friday 1st Shift
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Preferred two years experience, minimum of one year experience demonstrating ability to operate machinery and working in a food manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, manufacturing work orders, operating and maintenance instructions and quantity and inventory procedure manuals.
- Ability to track quality checks, accurate inventory, and ability to write routine reports and correspondence to document compliance.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent in order to produce bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to use a ruler and thermometer.
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to operate a Pallet Jack.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and communicate information to other shifts and departments.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high demand environment.
- Must be able to use all computer programs and systems as assigned.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.