Operates machining centers, turning centers, centerless grinders and hand operations, by performing essential duties and responsibilities.
- Start up machines, zero return and call up or ensure the proper program is in memory.
- Load machine(s) either manually or thru operation of a bar feeder.
- Perform hand operation and remove all burrs unless routing has secondary operation for this process.
- Setup and operate drill presses, hones and other hand and power tools.
- Monitor quality per ISO work instructions.
- Perform adjustment through use of work offsets and tool changes due to wear as required to maintain part quality to the middle of print tolerance.
- Clean part to remove all chips and cutting fluids unless routing has secondary operations for this process.
- Interpret blueprint and job specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances.
- Inspect part to print and perform adjustments as needed through use of offset and minor program changes to make part to middle of print tolerance.
- Assigned work area, tools and gauges will be clean, and kept neat, safe and orderly at all times.
- Identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts, effectively involve other departments and draw valid conclusions.
- Will work overtime as requested by supervisor.
- Recognize and comply with all safety rules. Hearing and Eye protection will be worn when required.
- Look for and recommend product and process improvements in support of corporate goals, objectives and activities.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
- Hands are exposed to metals, oils, solvents, and water-soluble coolants. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Working hours: Mon-Friday 7:00AM-3:00PM
- Ability to read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent).
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read blue prints and precision measuring tool/instruments.
- Ability to operate a computer and have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Machinist Technical or 1-3 years related experience.
- Forklift Operator Certification may be required.
- Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.