Operates all cutters (i.e. double cutters, auto cutters) and oversees manual operations, including dome products to ensure finished products reach quality standards. Position works on either a manual line or automated line as directed.
- Set up cutter or manual line according to product.
- Perform nonoperational safety inspection (guarding, e-stops, safety devices).
- Perform changeovers and input settings into the inline cutters, outfeed conveyors and merge table.
- Determine proper paper/collar or domes/bases and supply line with correct materials.
- Place product onto the line after cutting. If conveyor belt is full, place back on rack and continue cutting.
- Communicate any equipment issues to the packaging lead and maintenance.
- Respond to any sealer issues with the auto sealer and report any issues to maintenance and the packaging lead.
- Fast paced, working with manual and automated processes and equipment.
- Factory climate changes with the season and employee must dress accordingly.
- Chemical handling is required for production line sanitation.
- This plant produces and employees will be handling products that contain allergens, including, but not limited to: milk, soy, wheat, egg, tree nuts and peanuts.
Working hours: Monday-Thursday 5pm-3am
- Ability to efficiently operate all cutters or other production machinery.
- Possess normal to excellent manual dexterity and motor skills.
- Possess good eye-hand coordination.
- Must be able to perform job duties at a pace that is consistent with the pace set by the Supervisor of the line.
- Demonstrate knowledge of product packaging, slice count.
- Demonstrate knowledge of product quality specifications and the ability to differentiate between acceptable and off spec product.
- Familiarity with factory policies regarding safety, quality, and GMP's.
- Stand and walk constantly.
- Lift up to10-50 lb.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hair net, ear plugs, boots, smock, and frequent hand washing)
- Must wear cut resistant gloves at all times when using knives or similar tools.
- Must wear eye protection at all times.
- Three months to six months related experience.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.