Spherion Staffing is seeking a Ga-Vehren Operator to ensure safety, quality, and production standards are met. This position will be responsible for operating our Ga-Vehren lines to affix various gift and loyalty cards to custom carriers.
- Properly set up the Ga-Vehren to the specifications required and operate the machine to produce the best quality product possible in a safe and productive manner.
- Order necessary materials for the jobs in a timely manner.
- Review safety and quality procedures and any other procedures presently in place on a regular basis.
- Maintain the equipment in good working condition through a regular maintenance schedule.
- Maintain daily production work sheets and properly log all production information and materials.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
Working hours: Monday-Friday 2pm-10pm
- Two years of machine operator experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Associate's Degree in Manufacturing or related field.
- Ability to work with numbers; comprehend number sequencing and recognize errors.
- Good mechanical aptitude; ability to troubleshoot machine issues and repair equipment.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to delegate tasks and provide clear direction to co-workers.
- Ability to work in a team environment toward a common goal.
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects.
- Perform a variety of tasks throughout the day in a fast paced work environment.
- Interact constructively and effectively with all plant employees.
- Reacts to change productively and handles other tasks as assigned.
- A service-oriented individual with a high energy, positive and friendly demeanor.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a daily basis.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts; combination of standing, bending, reaching, and grasping.
- Fine motor skills manipulation.
- Continual work in the vicinity of production machinery and motorized lift equipment.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Proficient in reading, speaking, and understanding the English Language.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) months experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic computer and math skills.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.