This position is located in Reading, PA -
Must have reliable transportation. This is a BUS route position.
- Ensures that the mail is reviewed for proper date, postage, and good quality barcodes prior to being placed into production. Prepares outgoing mail and conducts first quality check on completed production run.
- Communicates errors and recognizes bad barcodes found in the mail to operator or supervisor to prevent re-work of mail. Properly organizes postage metered rejects separated by postage rate and keeps mail arranged by specific jobs.
- Troubleshoots and removes mail piece jams from machine by avoiding damage to the mail and to avoid double counts on the machine.
- Completes end of run production tasks (i.e. proper disposition of extra mail, placement of bins, stocking trays and tag holders, stocking all supplies needed to run production, etc.).
- Promotes a clean work area to prevent possible injuries and/or tripping hazards to self and others.
- Additional duties as required.
Working hours: 40
--Thorough knowledge of the processing and flow of mail.
--Knowledge of postal regulations that relate to bar coded mailings.
--Strong organizational and time management skills.
--Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodations.
--Ability to walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodation.
--Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
--Must have the ability to work overtime which may include weekends, holidays and or a different shift with little or no advance notice.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.