Machine operators are responsible for efficiently and effectively setting up and operating food processing and packaging machines.
Use general tools to set up and operate machines
Understand and use basic math concepts such as measurements and averages
Frequently lift, push/pull up to 50 lbs
*Shift start time to be determined upon hire*
Working hours: Monday - Friday (Varied Shifts)
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Preferred two years experience, minimum of one year experience demonstrating ability to operate machinery and working in a food manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, manufacturing work orders, operating and maintenance instructions and quantity and inventory procedure manuals.
- Ability to track quality checks, accurate inventory, and ability to write routine reports and correspondence to document compliance.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent in order to produce bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to use a ruler and thermometer.
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and communicate information to other shifts and departments.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high demand environment.
- Must be able to use all computer programs and systems as assigned.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.