Operates and/or sets-up a variety of equipment -- Such as drill presses, arbor presses and other hand and power tools, milling machines, hones, and lathes.
- Reads blueprints, routings, tooling bill of materials, and process sheets for specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, tooling, and set-up instructions.
- Operates and/or sets-up a variety of equipment within the Second Operations area when required.
- Performs hand operations and to remove all burrs.
- Interprets blueprint and job specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances.
- Observes operation and inspects first run and sample workpieces to ensure machining conforms to specifications.
- Packs parts properly to prevent damage during transportation to next operation.
- Creates Document Change Requests (DCR) using kbox, when needed to correct or upgrade process documentation.
Working hours: Monday-Friday -- 2nd Shift
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills & Math Skills:
- Ability to read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to read blue prints, and precision measuring tool/instruments.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.