Daily Duties (Directs any questions to the Sanitation Lead):
Under limited supervision, performs any of a variety of cleaning and sanitation work in areas of the plant following established Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP's), based on corporate guidelines and statutory regulations.
Performs dismantling, cleaning, sanitizing and resembling work on plant equipment including Prodo, On-Pak, tub and cup machines, kettles, pumps and pipes, slicers, pneumatic systems, freezers and coolers, sorting tables, applicators and mixers, packing tables and platforms, and all conveyors.
Uses high pressure cleaning apparatuses and mixes numerous chemical compounds and solutions used for flushing, cleaning and sanitizing all interior flat surfaces; scrubbing, cleaning and sanitizing all plumbing fixtures; cleaning and wiping all glass surfaces; and dusting, wiping and cleaning all horizontal surfaces in non-production areas.
Empties and relines all trash receptacles and bails cardboard.
Flushes, scrubs and sanitizes all ceilings, overhead pipes, vent lights, walls, drains and floors; cleans and wipes lights and electrical cords, and cleans cold storage areas as required.
May operate material handling moving equipment in performing sanitation work.
Performs building and grounds work, including shoveling and mowing, and setting/checking rodent traps
Understands and follows all established sanitation and safety rules, procedures and practices
Report and correct unsafe conditions in a prompt and timely manner.
Communicate with team members about hazards in order to support a safe working environment.
Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), procedures and personnel safety.
Must be able to accurately use the client's time system.
Working hours: 9:50PM-6:00AM
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Six months previous food related sanitation experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic measurement.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work in a face pace high demand environment.
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage time.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.