Accounting Manager in Jacksonville
Accounting & Auditing
US$ 38.00 - US$ 41.00 per hour, $38 - 41 per hour + none
Our client located on the Southside is seeking an Accounting Manager interested in a long term project. Ideal candidate will possess a BS/BA in Accounting with 5+years of experience with 2+ years of managerial accounting.
- Manage all accounting activities related enterprise-wide compensation, including exempt and non-exempt payroll, fringes, overtime, PTO, commission, bonus programs, retention, relocation and severance plans. Activities include general ledger accounting, variance analysis and balance sheet account reconciliation. Responsible for the financial statement closing process and internal and external reporting requirements
- Collaborate with Corporate and MMS compensation teams to monitor and enhance underlying business operations and processes to ensure the integrity of financial transactions. Provide direction on MMS requirements relating to Corporate interfaces to ensure accurate and efficient transaction processing.
- Provide decision support, financial analysis, internal control guidance and other assistance to key stakeholders, as it relates to all compensation matters, including core operations, acquisition, divestiture and restructuring
- Research and integration of existing and developing GAAP and statutory reporting to ensure Company compliance with authoritative and regulatory requirements
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures concerning accounting, including the Company's internal control structure and Sarbanes-Oxley required testing, and facilitate completion of audit requirements. Identify process improvement opportunities and lead improvement projects.
Working hours: Monday - Friday
--4-year degree in accounting or related field or equivalent experience
--5+ years accounting experience including 2+ years managerial experience
--Budgeting & Forecasting
-- Financial Statement & M/E Close experience
--Thorough knowledge of accounting policies, practices and systems
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.