Job Title: Accounting Professional
Job Summary: This position supports all of the clients in disbursements, general ledger reconciliation, and other electronic transactions. This role brings value by paying accounts payable transactions in a timely manner, processing electronic checks, and balancing the general ledger accounts. This client boasts of having a supportive working culture and excellent tenure in its staff.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
1. Analyze journal entry activity and resolve issues. Detailed account reconciliation.
2. Understand business processes and internal controls related to processing journals, Fixed Assets, Unclaimed Property.
3. Lead the Fixed Asset annual asset inventory review program.
4. Investigate report, analyze, and resolve variances betweenthegeneral ledger and sub-ledger systems.
5. Develop and process journal entries
6. Liaison with Corporate Tax related to Fixed Assets, Sales & Use Tax and Personal Property Tax Filing.
7. Review and approve vendor set up, regulatory reporting,
8. Preparation of Unclaimed Property, Sales & Use tax, IRS regulatory filings (1099 reporting to include B notices).
9. Proficiency in understanding multiple business processes and impacts to financial statements (GAAP, Statutory and Management)
10. Written process documentation and ability to train others
Working hours: 1st shift Monday-Friday
Skills and Qualifications:
-Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent work experience
-Previous experience balancing GL account reconciliation
-Prior experience with fixed asset accounting, accounts payable, vendor administration, 1099 processing, journal entry, or financial data processing
-Excellent communication skills, analytical problem resolution, issue resolution and decision-making skills.
-Engage with internal customers and provide high level customer service
-Ability to effectively document processes and train others
-Analytical mindset working in a data and process driven environment
-Detail oriented to verify information is correct
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.