This position will handle all Accounts Receivable functions from credit application processing to payment processing. Communicate with customers, salesmen and customer service to ensure payments are received according to terms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process credit applications, requesting credit references on potential new customers.
- Send approval letters to newly approved customers.
- Set up and maintain new customers in Sage. Enter Sage Customer I.D. into Viper.
- Daily processing of invoices for prior day shipments.
- Generate and distribute weekly aging reports for salesmen and management.
- Apply daily cash receipts in Sage. For deposits, also enter the deposit information into Viper.
- Filing of invoices and cash receipts.
- Monitor customer websites for payment information.
- Resolve unpaid invoice issues with customers, involving customer service and the salesmen when necessary. Document all results of customer contacts. Track and follow-up on customer commitments. Escalate unresolved issues as necessary.
- Handle customer receivable inquiries and requests.
- Analyze deductions and credits in customer accounts, identifying items for follow-up.
- File Notice to Owner when necessary.
- File liens when necessary.
- Monthly calculation of salesmen's commissions.
- Requires excellent attention to detail, and very good interpersonal communication skills.
Working hours: Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM
Bachelor's Degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.