Our client located in the Ortega area is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to work directly with the Finance Director. The ideal candidate will have strong administrative and organizational skills with the willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities as needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with preparation of budget reports for the church staff at the beginning of each month.
- Compile and print reports for the church bookstore from Point of Sale and Accounting systems in consultation with the Lay Ministry Coordinator.
- Maintain listing of parishioners requesting pledge envelopes. Print and mail additional envelopes when requested.
- Assist Director Finance and Operations with organizing financial paperwork, preparing labels and folders and filing the information in designated cabinets.
- Assist the Director of Music by printing and collating the bulletins for the weekly worship services.
- Ability to operate office equipment, including copiers, scanners, folding machine and printers.
- Prepare external mailings for the program staff including copying, compilation, folding and mailing within the specified time period.
- Assemble documents for meetings and workshops.
- Assist with morning telephone coverage, if needed.
- Provide administrative support for special projects.
- Assist church staff and volunteers as requested.
Working hours: Tuesday - Friday
- Nonprofit experience preferred, church experience a plus.
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, orally and in writing.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Well organized, accurate and detailed oriented.
- Ability to learn ACS database software through church sponsored training classes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.