Area Manager Job Description:
The Area Manager plans, organizes and directs overall sales programs to achieve sales volume and profits consistent with Company objectives. The Area Manager (1) manages, coaches and operates branch locations through Client Service Managers; (2) carries the responsibility for profitability, growth and direction of all services and sales; (3) plans, implements and reports progress in achieving sales goals; (4) continuously communicates with Company management, administration and customer service on all sales programs; and (5) maintains key client contact at the management level and represents the Company in regional communities as well as the industry.
- Develops an effective marketing strategy to achieve financial objectives for assigned area.
- Provides marketing/sales direction to branch personnel to insure attainment of financial objectives
- Analyzes sales and metrics reports to determine if the branch and area strategies are producing the desired results
- Analyzes the potential for growth in assigned area. Identifies opportunities for establishing new branches that will help further financial goals of the area.
- Monitors branch operations to insure administrative tasks are completed accurately and on time, including such tasks as:
- Completing new hire/status change notices
- Response to workers comp/unemployment inquiries
- Follow up on accounts receivable
- Completion of required reports
- Hires and trains Client Service Managers as needed. Promotes from within or makes external hires using appropriate Company policies and guidelines
- Conducts performance counseling and evaluations as needed, in accordance with Company policy
Area Manager Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field
- At least five years of recent sales experience, including at least two years of supervisory experience
- Strong working knowledge of the retail/corporate staffing and temporary employment industry
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and coordinate sales and marketing programs and present effective sales presentations
- Proven leadership skills at multiple levels for the management, supervision and coordination of the Company's sales, service and promotional activities
- Strong working knowledge of service pricing, internal accounting controls and financial analysis of revenues and expenditures
- Proven public relations and interpersonal communication skills for the consistent representation of a positive Company image
- Ability to supervise personnel in a manner conducive to efficient performance and high morale
- Ability to select and train competent personnel for the Company
- Working knowledge of Company proprietary software, Google, Microsoft Office products and CRM system
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with others and to present ideas effectively, orally and in writing.
- Possession of valid North Dakota driver's license
Direct Hire Opportunity
Working Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00
To be considered please send your resume to John Funk at email@example.com or call 701-412-2890
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.