Our client has an opening for an Asphalt Foreman. Successful candidate will oversee operations and inventory, assist with testing and mix-design, and operate and train crew on equipment.
- Oversee production, equipment, personnel, quality control testing, documentation, and communication with general asphalt superintendent
- Read and understand plans and specifications
- Assist with testing and mix-design by working with testing personnel in various capacities
- Enforce safety regulations
- Efficiently operate equipment used in road construction
- Train crew members to become efficient equipment operators
- Prepare various daily reports and track quantities of daily work
- Assist superintendent in hiring field crew
- Perform other duties as necessary
Working hours: 40+ hours per week, depending on season
- Minimum of 2 full seasons crew-supervision and 5 full seasons on an asphalt crew
- Ability to pass exams to receive certification in basic aggregate and hot-mix asphalt testing
- Possess a valid Driver's License (Class A or B license preferred)
- Travel required within western North Dakota
- Ability to walk on uneven ground, climb, reach (including overhead), grasp, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist (including neck), manipulate objects, use a telephone and/or communication equipment, perform moderate lifting, and sit for extended periods of time (typically in a vehicle)
- Ability to speak clearly, see and hear well - either naturally or with correction
- Common-level verbal and communication skills
HOURS: 40+ hours per week, depending on season
BACKGROUND CHECK: Required
DRUG SCREEN: Required
A current resume is required in order to move forward with your application.
**Please use Google Chrome when creating a profile, as other browsers may cause compatibility issues.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.