Spherion is currently recruiting for an Assembly candidate to work for a local company.
1. Use overhead cranes, power tools, wrenches, levels, etc.
2. Perform mathematical calculations involving addition and subtraction of dimensions represented decimally or in fractions.
3. Read drawings for design, dimensions, and tolerances.
4. Follow manufacturing, materials, and accounting record keeping practices by promptly and accurately logging pertinent information.
5. Tasks in assembly process of units typically include:
- Level base frames.
- Fasten sheet metal onto base frames using mechanical fastener.
- Use drawings to accurately position unit components (heater, fan, etc.) onto base frame.
- Assemble remainder of structural components (dampers, walls, roof, drip edge, door jamb, etc.) ensuring safety and quality.
- Cut and install doors, latches, and gaskets into door openings.
- Apply insulation to interior of unit.
- Prepare unit for shipment with decals, stretch wrap, plywood, etc.
6. Perform mathematical calculations involving addition and subtraction of dimensions represented decimally or in fractions.
7. Read drawings for design, dimensions, and tolerances.
8. Keep Supervisor informed of problems, opportunities for improvement, questions, or comments, related to topics such as work flow, equipment, procedures/work methods, safety, and employees. Recommend changes where appropriate.
9. Adhere to Assembly, Materials, and Accounting record-keeping practices by promptly and accurately logging pertinent information.
10. Maintain equipment, tools, and work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
11. Assist in implementation of changes in methods or procedures.
12. Accurately track work hours by job and activity on time card.
13. Accept other duties and responsibilities as assigned or when required by customer needs.
Working hours: 5:00am - 3:30pm Monday thru Thursday
Ideal candidate would hold a background in assembly of electrical components. Must have steel toe shoes, ability to use a tape measure and hand tools with a mechanical aptitude. Blueprint reading is also a requirement for the position.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.