1. Use overhead cranes, power tools, wrenches, levels, etc.
2. Perform mathematical calculations involving addition and subtraction of dimensions represented decimally or in fractions.
3. Read drawings for design, dimensions, and tolerances.
4. Follow manufacturing, materials, and accounting record keeping practices by promptly and accurately logging pertinent information.
5. Tasks in assembly process of units typically include:
a. Level base frames.
b. Fasten sheet metal onto base frames using mechanical fastener.
c. Use drawings to accurately position unit components (heater, fan, etc.) onto base frame.
d. Assemble remainder of structural components (dampers, walls, roof, drip edge, door jamb, etc.) ensuring safety and quality.
e. Cut and install doors, latches, and gaskets into door openings.
f. Apply insulation to interior of unit.
g. Prepare unit for shipment with decals, stretch wrap, plywood, etc.
6. Perform mathematical calculations involving addition and subtraction of dimensions represented decimally or in fractions.
7. Read drawings for design, dimensions, and tolerances.
8. Keep Supervisor informed of problems, opportunities for improvement, questions, or comments, related to topics such as work flow, equipment, procedures/work methods, safety, and employees. Recommend changes where appropriate.
9. Adhere to Assembly, Materials, and Accounting record-keeping practices by promptly and accurately logging pertinent information.
10. Maintain equipment, tools, and work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
11. Assist in implementation of changes in methods or procedures.
12. Accurately track work hours by job and activity on time card.
13. Accept other duties and responsibilities as assigned or when required by customer needs.
Working hours: M-Th 5:00AM-3:30PM
Must be able to use a tape measure, use hand tools, and read blue prints - need mechanical aptitude
Safety glasses w/side shields will be provided
Assemble (construct) sheet metal HVAC equipment casings according to job specifications defined in drawings.
Steel toed shoes required, long pants
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.