Under general supervision of senior staff, support the research and development needs and contribute to the development of new and novel battery systems and the improvement to existing battery systems. This employee will support battery development in the areas of prototype battery and component assembly and testing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble components for prototype batteries using prototype processes (manual or automated).
- Battery electrical testing.
- Data entry.
- Operation of small presses, calender, resistance and ultrasonic welders, other machinery.
- Measuring and combining dry and liquid components.
- Compile and analyze test information.
- Use oral and written communication skills to update management, peers and team members of progress and findings. Participate in cross-functional meetings and interface effectively with other functional areas. Where appropriate, join teams to progress programs.
Working hours: Mon-Fri
Education and Experience Profile
--This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Some college coursework in chemistry or a technology related field is preferred.
--Experience in product assembly with manual or semi-automated equipment, in a laboratory environment, or in product testing, particularly in the field of batteries, would be a benefit.
--A demonstrated ability to succeed with limited supervision.
--A hands-on candidate with excellent mechanical aptitude and attention to detail.
--Must possess basic testing and laboratory skills.
--Candidates should also possess proficient PC skills (Excel and Word), an aptitude to learn new software/instruments and capability of writing and following work instructions.
--Proficiency with Microsoft Access.
--Proficiency with soldering electronic components
Working conditions are typical for an R&D laboratory and office environment.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.