Responsible for management of activities related to the scheduling and procurement of Production purchases to support 3 manufacturing sites. This position is also responsible for procurement activities for outside processes. Supply chain experience and APICS certification essential. Working knowledge of ERP systems and controls (IFS, SAP, etc.) are required.
- Monitors system generated requirements processing purchases against those requirements. To include, but not limited to, review of requirements (Company and Customer) including drawing revisions and requirements, quotation, negotiation, purchase order release and all subsequent follow up
- Works collaboratively with other functions including Contracts & Programs, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, and other company locations, etc. to achieve business objectives
- Recommend changes of substitutions for potential cost reductions
- Monitors supplier performance and keeps Procurement Supervision and other affected personnel informed of existing or potential problems
- Continuously develops and recommends new sources of supply
- Provide for alternate plans in the event of unforeseen contingencies
- Establish Long Term Agreements (LTAs) with key suppliers
- Responsible for supplier quality and delivery metrics
Working hours: Day shift
--Demonstrate leadership abilities. High level of interpersonal skills to work within a team environment
--Demonstrate understanding of MRP and its output. Prior experience with MRP exception message management
--Solid understanding of supplier development and supply chain management best practices
--Drives for performance, tenacious, meets commitments, plans contingencies
--Organized, capable of multitasking and setting priorities
--Makes timely, effective decisions, uses financial and quantitative data
--Demonstrates a commitment to Quality and Continuous Improvement
--Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate across all functions and with all levels of the organization
Education & Experience
--Bachelor's degree required, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field preferred.
--3 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment required.
--Working knowledge of ERP systems (IFS, SAP, etc.) required
--Experience in aerospace industry preferred
--Production procurement experience preferred.
--Certifications: APICS, Green Belt Preferred
--Basic working knowledge of FAR, DFAR preferred
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.