Cafe Assistant in Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Community, Social Services & Non-profit
US$ 10.98 - US$ 13.73 per hour, $10.98 - 13.73 per hour + none
Barbara Hansen, Spherion
Summary: The purpose of this position is to provide assistance to the manager of the Cafe to prepare and serve healthy, nutritious and appetizing food in the Cafe and to assist in the upkeep and maintenance of the Cafe on a temporary basis.
* Assists with providing services in the Cafe and for catered events.
* Responsible for all cold food production.
* Responsible for the preparation, stocking and maintenance of the salad bar.
* Responsible for the serving of cold food entrees and preparation of sandwiches during normal Cafe hours.
* Assist with stocking of break rooms on Campus.
* Provides suggestions to the menus, service, set up as a part of continuous improvement.
* Responsible for the operation and balancing of the cash register in the Cafe.
* Follows safe food handling procedures.
* Maintain a clean and sanitary working area.
Working hours: 6 am - 2:30 pm
* Experience in food safety.
* Experience in food preparation and service for large groups.
* Ability to work at varied pace, with a variety of tasks, and follow both verbal and written directions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear.
*The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
*The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.