The Callback Representative is responsible for calling back previously generated leads and establishing communication with clients who cannot be reached.
1. Make 100-150 outbound calls per day (Be able to stay positive, rational and professional at all times while in contact with the client or their family)
2. Determine whether or not the client wants to come to treatment
3. Determine if the client has insurance or is able to self-pay for treatment
4. Fill out and submit, or resubmit a verification of benefits to have insurance verified
5. Fill out an accurate and truthful clinical intake assessment in regards to the potential client
6. Have a basic understanding of how substance abuse insurance coverage works, what types of insurance we can and cannot accept in house
7. Understand how the bonus structure works and the appropriate parties to contact with questions
8. Have a basic understanding of the following
- HIPAA and how to protect the client, yourself, and the company
- How FMLA and Cobra works and how a person qualifies
- What SAMHSA is
9. Track each admit, any money collected, and any clients that paid for their own flights
10. Work with Excel spreadsheets to obtain leads and retrieve missed calls
11. Take detailed notes on all calls placed
12. Schedules are based on business need and performance.
Working hours: Saturday-Wednesday 9AM-7PM
1. Speak knowledgably on substance abuse and treatment
2. Willing to learn and adapt to any changes
3. Listen and effectively communicate information
4. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
Must have HS Diploma or GED.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.