The A/R Specialist is responsible for daily cash application and is accountable for collections of accounts receivable for an assigned customer base. The position will routinely interact with the customer service department, pricing department, and sales team to resolve discrepancies.
- Demonstrates compliance with personal safety action plan.
- Adhere to Owens Corning safety policies at all times.
2. Delivers results in cash and accounts receivable aligned with OC financial objectives. Responsible for collections of accounts receivable for an assigned customer base.
- Collection of past due balances, while maintaining a follow up system with notes, in accordance with established goals.
- Develop action plans collaboratively with credit and sales teams to maximize results.
- Communication of customer issues timely to credit and leadership teams.
- Collaborate with credit team to deliver insightful management reporting.
- Participate in cash forecasting for business units and customers supported.
- Maintain compliance with required internal controls and policies.
- Analyze cash discount deductions for resolution; Collect as appropriate
Working hours: 8:00 AM-:00 PM
1.-Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
2.-1 Year collections experience desired.
3.-2+ years applicable work experience with cash applications, accounts receivable, or account reconciliation.
4.-2+ years experience in B2B transactions and commercial relationship troubleshooting.
Knowledge and Abilities:
1.-Contributing to team success
2.-Initiating action/Gaining commitment.
3.-Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
4.-Managing work (includes time management).
5.-Tenacity/Driving for results
6.-Financial Knowledge/Financial Skills
7.-Accounts Receivable and Cash Application Knowledge
8.-Strong oral/written communication skills
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.