One of our Pharmacy clients is looking for a CPhT certified Pharmacy Technician to assist with some compounding functions in the lab!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Process incoming requests in a timely manner; when in the pre-lab triage telephone/window inquiries, print compound recipes for lab, and audit records as necessary.
- Compound variety of non-sterile medications including oral solutions, capsules, transdermal, ointments, and creams. Preparation includes recipe calculations, reading directions, weighing out components and physically combining them into the above dosage forms. Accurately select, weigh, and measure chemicals, stock solutions, diluents, or flavorings.
- Accurately record lot number and expiration dates of medications used, and include quality assurance documentation as required. Maintain work load records, recipe logging, and record quality assurance data as directed.
- Perform and record preventative maintenance and quality assurance as directed. Keep all laboratory works areas neat, clean, stocked, and organized.
- Assist pharmacist in maintaining laboratory workflow and optimal turnaround time.
- Accurately create medication labels as needed for stocks, flavors, and transfers.
- Order and maintain appropriate inventory levels.
Working hours: Mon-Fri
EXPERIENCE: 2-4 years experience in a high volume pharmacy setting preferred.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent.
REQUIREMENTS: Must hold current certification through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (CPhT). Must be a self-starter with excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills, and the ability to multi-task. Must have strong math and computer skill. Must be a team player with ability to be flexible with business demands. Ability to work with letters, numbers and colors (compound names, strengths, calculations and color coding system).
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.