Communicate both verbally and written withpolicy owners, employees, agents, and internal support departments in matters relating to Policy Service.
1. Answer up to 150 calls per day from agents, policy owners, 3rd parties or others by telephone, e-mails and written correspondence (to Life Administration) using a professional and friendly approach. Inquiries are also to be handled in a precise, thorough manner with attention to grammatical correctness and professional tone.
2. Answer calls regarding, but not limited to: policy values, products, interest rates, address changes and allocation changes, withdrawals, surrenders, transfers and exchanges, beneficiary changes, ownership changes, guideline and regulations, annual and quarterly statements, completing forms and provide standard established turnaround times, as applicable.
3. Process and respond to verbal and written work and inquiries received by agents, policyowners or others through mail, fax or e-mail in a professional tone with attention to grammatical correctness and within established timeframes.
4. Meets the department phone and written quality expectations on a consistent basis.
5. Research more complicated inquiries and provide additional information as necessary.
6. Able to maintain multiple job functions such as incoming calls, e-mails, noting files, faxing, while being flexible between high and low call volumes.
7. Maintain product and procedure knowledge of various companies serviced. Be familiar with both discontinued and current products, as well as the different companies and products that have been assumed by Midland National or North American.
8. Have knowledge of various functions and processes of other departments and be able to communicate these to the callers.
9. Identify, communicate and proactively work to solve problems or issues before a service breakdown or complaint occurs.
10. Utilize multiple systems as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Working hours: M-TH: 7:30am-5:00pm F: 7:30am-12:30pm
* Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with agents and policy owners.
* Previous customer service/call center experience preferred.
* Must have strong organizational skills.
* Able to adapt to frequent change.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.