- Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Stop machines to remove finished workpieces or to change tooling, setup, or workpiece placement, according to required machining sequences.
- Check to ensure that workpieces are properly lubricated and cooled during machine operation.
- Set up and operate computer-controlled machines or robots to perform one or more machine functions on metal or plastic workpieces.
- Insert control instructions into machine control units to start operation.
- Review program specifications or blueprints to determine and set machine operations and sequencing, finished workpiece dimensions, or numerical control sequences.
- Listen to machines during operation to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problems.
- Monitor machine operation and control panel displays and compare readings to specifications to detect malfunctions.
- Enter commands or load control media, such as tapes, cards, or disks, into machine controllers to retrieve programmed instructions.
- Lift workpieces to machines manually
- Stack or load finished items
- Control coolant systems.
- Clean machines, tooling, or parts, using solvents or solutions and rags.
- Other duties as assigned
Working hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
- High School Diploma/GED required
- CNC knowledge required
- Experience in manually operating lathes, mills
- Strong math skills
- Ability to read and use precision instruments including micrometers and calipers
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more regularly
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Machining experience
- Employer conducts national background check and drug screen
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.