Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work-pieces as guides for subsequent machining as necessary
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as requited.
- Calculate and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjust machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work-pieces to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, and others to resolve machining or assembly problems
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communication in a manner so that you get along with co-workers and management.
- Continue to grow knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continues improvement.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed and adhered to.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working hours: TBD
--Associate's degree (A. A.) from two-year College or technical school or
--2 - 3 year related experience and/or training.
--Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted.
--Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
--Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
--Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as portability and statistical inference and fundamental of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
--Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations and proportions to practical situations.
--Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
--Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.