- Ensures the consistent application of credit and collection policy and performs periodic credit reviews of existing customers and assessments of potential customers with the goal of optimizing company sales and minimizing bad debt losses.
- Manage company accounts receivable to achieve the optimum number of active customers while minimizing the risk of bad debt losses and maintaining the budgeted level of days outstanding of receivables through effective collection action.
- Obtain, review, process and maintain appropriate credit information to rate credit worthiness of new and existing accounts.
- Coordinate collection activities between Sales and Credit departments, using telephone, collections, stop ship, District Sales Representative direct calls, "pick up check" requirements and other steps.
- Provide instruction and ideas to sales force on collection and credit subjects as well as assist sales in difficult customer situations.
- Communicate and follow up effectively with Sales regarding customer accounts.
- Some travel to customer sites and District Meetings.
- Provide excellent customer service regarding credit and collection issues.
- Resolve customer discrepancies.
- Meet defined department and branch goals.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled
Working hours: 8:00 a.m-5:00 p.m.
--Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
--1-3 years credit or collection experience required.
--Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to organize and prioritize workload, work well with all levels of Associates, vendors and customers.
--Demonstrate strong attention to detail, goal oriented.
--Certification from the National Institute of Credit a plus.
--Experience in financial statement analysis preferred.
--Valid Driver's license and current auto insurance required.
--Ability to pass a background investigation and drug test in accordance with state law.
Other skills and abilities:
--Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
--Excellent negotiation and presentation skills required.
--Must be able to make independent decisions and complete research.
--Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers.
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.