Customer Service Representative in Macon
Temp to Perm
US$ 9.00 - US$ 10.00 per hour, $9 - 10 per hour + none
Heather Davidson, Spherion
The primary function of the Inside Sales Representative is to provide direct support to the Outside Sales Representatives. The Inside Sales Representative also assist phone and walk-in
customers in a manner that builds trust, confidence, and long term business.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to establish individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
1. Assist Outside Sales Representatives with the placement of customer orders on our
computer system and provides the dispatcher with the orders to arrange for truck
2. Assist customers requesting rail delivery by placing customer order in our computer
system, providing a loading yard ticket to the Loading Yard Supervisor, and coordinating
the delivery and pick-up of railcars to our yard with railroad service.
3. Assist contract truck drivers with pick-up of customer orders by producing loading
tickets for our loading yard.
4. Assist phone or walk-in customers with questions regarding our brick products or re-sale
items, ordering, providing loading tickets for our loading yard or receiving funds for
5. Assist Outside Sales Representatives with questions about brick availability per
computer inventory or loading yard count.
6. Contacts Loading Yard Supervisors to confirm brick count on hand against computer
7. Contacts customers when brick orders are available and arranges for product delivery
with the customer by truck or rail.
8. Assist with compiling data and preparing reports; taking messages; composing and
signing routine correspondence; receiving payment of product and providing accounting
department payment receipts.
Working hours: First Shift M-F
- year experience in sales type role
- effective communicator
- Microsoft office experience
- MUST have strong Customer Service skills
- experience in scheduling
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30p.m. or 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position may be subject to longer work hours should the
need arise; e.g., yearly inventory. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, if advance notice is given.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.