- Supervise production line operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Train and coach production line employees.
- Conduct employee performance reviews.
- Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
- Coordinate with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
- Schedule and conduct shift meetings.
- Responsible to meet shift production goals.
- Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Communicate with other Shift Supervisors and Plant Manager.
- Ensure a clean and safe work area.
- Complete shift paper work.
- Assist in production as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working hours: 40
--Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
--Knowledge of the manufacturing processes, procedures, and machinery. This is normally acquired through two to five years of manufacturing experience.
--Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
--Ability to lift up to 30 pounds required.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.