We are seeking highly motivated professionals for our client located in the Arlington area of Jacksonville. Ideal candidate will have excellent data entry skills, must accurately type 50+ wpm, and have previous experience working in a fast paced environment.
Special assignments may include: verifying credit release, handling EDI daily BL-back report and monitoring EDI items for 24 hour turnaround, handling specific accounts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Creates bills of lading by inputting cargo information into DOCSYS system and assigning the appropriate commodity coding.
2. Interprets commodity descriptions and correctly applies rates based on the rules of the tariff/service contract. Obtains necessary documentation for hazardous bookings.
3. Monitors assigned folders for timely release and in accordance with manifest deadlines.
4. Checks credit and collection lists and verifies status with Credit and Collections Department. Codes bills of lading accordingly. Faxes customer proof copies.
5. Enters documentation received date and released date in COMPASS system.
6. Communicates with internal and external customers to resolve discrepancies.
7. Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Working hours: Monday - Friday
- 2+ years Logistics experience preferred
- Experience with Bills of Lading
- 50+ wpm
- Data Entry
- Billing Specialist experience would be ideal
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.