The Forklift Operator is responsible for driving gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices, such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel-hook, fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials in a warehouse, storage yard, or factory.
* Duties may include any number of the following: Loading and unloading products in trailers.
* Distributing pallets of product from the palletizer to distribution trailers and staging areas.
* Stage materials for production.
* Move product & materials within facility (plant and/or cooler).
* Receive materials for warehouse storage
* Supplies packaging material, cartons and hulls to line as needed
* Maintain pallet supply for palletizer
* Rotate packaging and ingredients using FIFO (First In ? First Out)
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP?s.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Working hours: 8:00 am - 5 pm
High School Diploma or Equivalent
4 or more years in a dry warehouse environment, with extensive forklift operations, MUST BE WILLING TO TAKE A WRITTEN FL TEST
4 or more years with inventory experience and organization skills
Background Check and Drug Screen Required
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.