- Performs detailed calculations to establish standards and specifications.
- Inspects installations and observes operations to ensure compliance with design and equipment specifications and safety standards.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering software (AutoCAD) to perform engineering tasks.
- Make drawings, specifications and computer models of products.
- Supports manufacturing department with product development and testing.
- Provides quality assurance for ongoing projects.
- Keeps current with the latest technical innovations in electrical engineering.
- Launches new products into manufacturing.
- Consistently searches for ways to improve processes, efficiencies, and product quality.
- Assists in trouble shooting and problem solving, including but not limited to, manufacturing process and equipment.
- Ensures program commitments for cycle time and process time are achieved.
- Participates in lean manufacturing methodologies such as Kaizen events and value steams.
- Develops Manufacturing Plans
- Works in partnership with Engineering Department to design structures with Aluminum (ADM); Steel (AISC); International Building Code, ASCE 7; AWS (Aluminum and Steel).
- Reads and understands building codes, construction specifications and drawings.
- Oversees all aspects of multiple projects insuring on-time and under budget project completion.
- Reviews plans, specifications and special provisions.
- Creates and manages a project book for best practices and applications.
Working hours: Day Shift
-Strong manufacturing engineering skills with a solid ability to effectively present information.
-Machining, CNC, Welding, Metal Fabrication
-Experience with fabrication, assembly and shop math, material processes, using and designing tools, fixtures and gauges.
-Excellent working knowledge of analysis, field experience and design software for aluminum & steel, such as; AutoCAD/Inventor 3D
-Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Micro Soft Project.
-Excellent communication and organization skills are an absolute must.
-Willingness to brainstorm with dynamic engineering and manufacturing team.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.