Our client, a communication and network company, has an opening for an Engineering Technician I. Successful applicant will provide design assistance and construction supervision of telecommunications outside plant construction projects.
- Preparation of construction drawings. This includes electronically drawn staking sheets (Visio) and maps (AutoCAD)
- Prepare construction units and progress reports for both the client and CNE.
- Easement acquisition
- Perform on-site inspection/supervision of the outside plant construction to ensure compliance with the specifications
- Record as-built records for the project
- Update the construction drawings with as-built data
- Entails working outside in a variety of conditions
- Overnight and/or extended travel will be required. Overtime mandatory during construction season
- Miscellaneous other duties
Working hours: To be determined
--Associates Degree in Telecommunications, Drafting or Construction Management preferred
--Experience/knowledge of utility construction preferred
--Proficient computer skills (Office, Visio, and AutoCAD preferred)
--Good written and verbal communication
--Valid driver's license with clear record
--Ability to work both independently and in a team
--Background check and drug screen required
To be considered, please apply online at www.spherion.com/fargo If you have any questions please contact Eric Rasmusson at 701-412-2887
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.