Job Summary includes:
Repair and patch imperfections that are caused by mold condition, defects generated during the lamination process, grinding damage, or assembly line damage.
Essential Job Duties
1. Repair defects in polyester parts such as: air voids, mold marks, cracks, chips, alligatoring, pre-releases, thin gel coat, scratches, dull areas, etc.
Assembly Patchers visually inspect fiberglass for line damage.
Operations include some or all of the following:
a. Rout open defects using a die grinder and an appropriate bit.
b. Fill the defect using one or more applications of polyester putties or resin saturated fiberglass.
c. Sand with a DA sander and/or by hand to achieve proper surface shape.
d. Clean surface and spray gel coat using a touch-up spray gun.
e. Sand and buff using compound and a high speed buffer or by hand to achieve the proper surface contour and shine.
2. Fair out bow thruster installations.
3. Mask and prepare surface, and paint bootstripes in Shipping.
4. Clean completed parts prior to inspection by Quality personnel.
5. Move parts as needed to facilitate Patching and Assembly operations.
6. Remove and dispose, or store chemicals used on a daily basis.
7. Maintain a clean, well-organized and safe work area.
8. Perform miscellaneous duties as required.
Additional Duties of a Patching Team Leader:
1. Assign crew tasks throughout the day and monitor the repair of fiberglass parts.
2. Ensure proper PPE is being used at all times.
3. Train new team members in proper patching technique and the operations necessary to correctly repair parts.
4. Inspect parts to ensure work has been properly completed prior to requesting re-inspection by Quality personnel.
Tools/Equipment Used to Perform Duties:
- Die Grinder (Router), DA sander, high-speed buffer, touch-up spray gun, air file, drill, grinder, and drop light
Working hours: 1st or 2nd shift
We are looking for people with experience in the repair of:
- Amusement rides
- Fiberglass cars
- Boat repair or boat building
Spherion is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.