This key position is responsible for project financial processes related to premium processing to ensure contract compliance for both the GA IES and FLHK projects such as Financial Balancing Reports, Bank Reconciliations, Expenditure Reporting and other management and client projects as required. This position will also need to assist with maintaining accurate project forecasts and assisting Project Managers in preparing budget updates and changes to contract funding with a total revenue responsibility of $40 mil annually. Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Bachelor?s Degree in Accounting or Finance, and 4-6 years of experience in financial analysis and forecasting are required. CPA preferred.
The Finance & Accounting Analyst position:
- Prepares monthly financial reports for management and clients related to premium processing.
- Prepares bank reconciliations to ensure funds are appropriately monitored and that customer account balances are accurately reported.
- Prepares monthly general ledger entries for premium processing activities.
- Maintains accurate project forecasts and assists Project Managers in preparing budget updates and changes to contract funding, as requested.
- Develops and maintains project planning models for revenue, staffing and fulfillment.
- Tracks financial status by monitoring variances from forecasts
- Improves financial status by analyzing results and variances; identifying trends; recommending actions.
- Performs research and provides additional information and clarifications of financial data as requested from Corporate Finance Management.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management
Working hours: Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM
- Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Excel; Access Database experience strongly preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills as well as excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong ability to communicate and present complex information at both a high level and a detailed level through oral and written methods.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment.
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required.
- Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required.
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems.
- Strong presence with ability to interact with Senior Leadership.
- Strong ability to collaborate with individuals across the organization to achieve results.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.