The Insurance Verification Representative is a multi-faceted position responsible for consistently assessing and screening and eligibility. This position is responsible for applying a strong knowledge of behavioral health verification benefits for those suffering from alcohol and drug dependency or dual disorders. Must apply strong independent judgment in evaluating information received from insurance carriers.
1. Employee must perform verification of benefits via telephone during business hours, and on-line when insurance carriers are not open and available.
2. Employee must work in a group environment, as a collaborative team member.
3. All work must be documented quickly and accurately in SalesForce.
4. This position can require extended periods of hold time on the telephone; employee is expected to be vigilant and complete the verifications as efficiently as possible.
5. Continuous learning including specific benefits for groups, plans, clients and facilities is expected.
6. Schedules are based on business need and performance.
Working hours: Friday-Tuesday 4PM-12AM
- Ability to quickly assess (by phone) the available benefits of potential patients and make placement recommendations based on information obtained.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks, detail-oriented, with the ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability provide thorough, high quality customer service.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent written communication skills demonstrated by accurate, concise documentation.
- Strong computer, phone and typing skills are a must, proficient in Microsoft office, SalesForce, and or able to become proficient within a timely manner.
- Experience with insurance verification and/or utilization review is a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
Experience in behavioral health and substance abuse treatment a plus.
Must have a HS Diploma or GED.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.