The IT Support Specialist is primarily responsible for providing desktop support services to our retail and small business customers. Services are performed either in store or onsite as required by the customer.
1. Act as trusted advisor to clients
2. Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware and software
3. Perform software restores, upgrades, and updates on Windows systems
4. Install data cables, computers, networking equipment, and accessories
5. Perform System Admin functions on behalf of clients
6. Coordinate/liaise with 3rd party service providers as necessary
7. Maintain current, accurate, and detailed records of all activities
8. Complete continuing education and certifications as required by company
9. Other duties as assigned by company management
Working hours: M-F (8am-5pm)
A qualified candidate for the IT Support Specialist position must have a minimum of 2 years of troubleshooting and repairing computers and preferably be CompTIA A+ and/or NET+ certified. A clean driving record is required.
Daily driving to appointments.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
2. Strong customer service and people skills
3. Ability to multi-task efficiently
4. Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
5. Valid and current driver's license
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
1. Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
2. Occasional lifting of heavy objects required.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.