Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Management.
- Work with team to assess and determine processes necessary for set ups, determine operations sequence and optimum cutting parameters.
- Assist team to make tools, fixtures, accessories and cutting tools. Select proper tools and accessories as well as sharpen cutting tools, select, replace and align inserts.
- Assist with set up and operations of machine tools required to perform complicated non-repetitive machining operations requiring independent decisions.
- Assist in the disassemble inspection, repair, reassembly and installation of all types of motors, generators, pumps, turbines, etc.
- Lead team in abiding by all safety/environmental rules and regulations.
- Direct team to exercise independent judgment on service projects, provide guidance and instructions. Consult with customers, utilizing good customer relations skills.
- Assist with making routine repairs and new parts for machine and equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Perform other functions as necessary.
Working hours: M-F - 8-5
--Manual Horizontal/Vertical Mill
--Welding: MIG, TIG, Stick, Thermal Spray Processes
--Hold tolerances to .0005
--Measuring Devices: Micro-meters, Calipers
--Other devices: Presses, Surface Grinders, Variety of Hand Tools, Band Saws
--High school diploma or vocational technical training
--Attention to detail.
--Ability to manage projects, and give direction to team.
--Must possess hand tools required to perform the position's essential functions.
--Must have a valid driver's license and the appropriate state mandated minimum automobile insurance requirements.
--Have a mechanical aptitude.
--Possess problem solving skills.
--Have basic math skills.
--Be enthusiastic and willing to take on responsibility.
--Be safety minded.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.