Spherion is currently recruiting for Electronic Light Assembler's for a local Owatonna Client. This position is responsible for the set-up, assembly, testing, and packaging of electro-mechanical diagnostic equipment, as well as accessories and kits, along with accurate verification to model configuration. Possess rapid response to changes in order to cost effectively produce high-quality products on a timely basis that meet Bosch customer requirements.
- Assemble and test high-quality products including, large sheet metal components which meet customer and design engineering specifications while minimizing scrap/rework costs.
- Assure high-quality products through product testing including complex electronic systems and troubleshooting issues that may arise.
- Perform setup operations for both equipment and cells including any necessary sub-assemblies to assure efficient and high quality assembly of Bosch electronic products.
- Safely operate tools and equipment including: impact tools, arbor presses, tape machines, staple guns, pneumatic presses and banders.
- Verify that BOM's and work instructions are up to date and complete, and ensure the communication of material requirements with inventory coordinator in order to assure resources are readily available to support production schedules.
- Accurately report completion of production and complete required documentation.
- Respond to changes in the production schedule by prioritizing work to ensure customer and departmental requirements are met.
- Actively participate and support continuous improvement initiatives, utilizing established methodologies, i.e. Lean manufacturing (6S, VSM, 6 Sigma, etc.).
- Follow and continually monitor established safety procedures in order to promote a safe, clean work environment.
Working hours: 7:00am to 3:30pm Monday though Friday
- Prior assembly experience preferred
- Experience using hand tools
- Solder training preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to complete necessary forms/documentation legibly
- Must have a good verbal and written understanding of the English language
- Basic math skills including percentages, and ability to count accurately
- Basic PC skills including loading OS and state application software
- Possess problem solving skills in order to effectively remedy any design flaws with the product
- Change savvy with ability to adapt and respond to the ever-changing production schedule
- Ability to effectively function as a team member including addressing conflict constructively
- Ability to read manufacturing assembly procedures including process routings, and bill of materials (BOM) as well as interpret design engineering drawings, and specifications
- Quality oriented with ability to perform detailed, repetitive tasks
- Ability to perform visual quality inspections as well as computer based quality tests
- Strong fine motor skills
- Experienced in operating tools and equipment such as: impact tools, arbor presses, tape machines, staple guns, pneumatic presses and banders
- Ability to work overtime including weekends and alter hours as necessary
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.